Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Game on...sort of

Typically I write stuff that pertains to the mortgage industry in an effort to keep my clients and Realtor partners informed of things that might impact them. Today, however, is a different story since I am writing about what I love to do when I am not working as a Certified Mortgage Planner / Loan Officer.

There are lots of things I love: 1) family, 2) music, 3) sports, etc. However, this weekend I'll be traveling with my family to Palm Springs to participate in the Palm Springs Century ride. I've been doing a fair amount of riding over the last several months and I've always had an affinity for riding but I've never done a century ride. For those who don't know what that is, it's a ride of 100 miles or more. The ride in Palm Springs is 102 miles and the weather is supposed to be wonderful. My goal is to do it in less than 6 hours but I really hope to average about 18 miles per hour which would put me across the finish line at 5 hours 40 minutes. Since this is a first, I can't say that I have any real idea of how I'll do. I can tell you that I'm committed to doing my second one to raise money for the American Diabetes Association - this ride will take place in Las Vegas in the beginning of April. My hope is that I can get many of the Realtors I work with (and anyone else who wants to) to contribute to the ADA.

At any rate, the Palm Springs Century starts at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday morning which means I hope to be finishing sometime between 12:30 and 1:00. If for some reason you happen to be in the area, I'd love to see you. Otherwise, you may look at your clock around 1:00 and think that I have hopefully finished the ride and have dismounted under my own power:)

I'll be back next week with a report on how it went as well as more insight into the mortgage / real estate industries. Ciao for now.

No comments: